Dronacharya and Arjun



One of the greatest epic of all the times “Mahabharata” teaches us various lessons of life.  Lessons of Gita which gives all the solutions to the problems which we human beings faces in our life were given in Mahabharata only. Mahabharata had various characters & relationships and each one had played a very important role in the whole epic. Out of which Dronacharya and Arjun were the people who has given me answer of one of my query which was not resolved till I listened Gita (I am yet to read and listen full Gita).Here I have tried to explain it.

Dronacharya was a Guru and taught both Kauravas and Pandavas brothers, but Arjun was his favorite student. Arjun and Dronacharya shared a special bond as teacher and student. While teaching all is students Dronacharya found that Arjun is an exceptional student and is different from all of other Pandavas and Kauravs. Arjun was highly determined and focused and passed all challenges passed on by Dronacharya to Arjun.

Time passes by. And the day came when the Great war of Mahabharata was about to begin. Both the armies of Kauravas and Pandavas were ready with all their arms, waiting for war to begin. Arjun asked Krishna to take his chariot in between the middle of two armies so that he may see with whom he has to fight with and who all are present here and are desirous of doing war. According to wish of Arjun, Krishna took his chariot in the middle of both the armies and there Arjun could see armies of both parties, his teachers, brothers, maternal uncles, sons , grandsons, friends,  members of the family and relatives. When Arjun saw all these people, he became overwhelmed, his body started trembling, and his bow Gandiva started slipping from his hand. Arjun was not able to stay there any longer, forgetting his mind, losing control on his own self and asked Krishna what would I get after killing all these people, they all are my relatives, friends and family. It’s better to live life like a saint. How can I kill Dronacharya and Bhishma to whom I have worshiped throughout my life, they are my Gurus (Here is the point where I got my answer).

After listening thoughts of Arjun, Krishna answered him “For who has taken his birth, death is certain; and for one who is dead, birth is certain. Therefore in the unavoidable discharge of your duty, you should not lament. Considering your specific duty as Kshatriya, you should know that there is no better engagement for you than fighting on religious principles; and so there is no need for hesitation. If however you do not fight this religious war, then you will certainly incur sins for neglecting your duties and thus lose your reputation as fighter.

I was struggling within myself regarding this Guru- Shishya relationship. Being an obedient person to my Guru I have followed his paths blindly sometimes ignoring his true personality, sometimes ignoring the truth, or May be I didn’t wanted to know the facts. But luckily life has changed and one person came who taught me, who showed me the difference. I got all that. But still my mind was swinging like a pendulum, always had a dilemma and one day my inner voice said “LISTEN GITA” about which I heard before that this book can solve your any question related to life and how to live life.

I started listening Gita and incident of Dronacharya and Arjun happens and Krishna teaches Arjun to fight for your right, it’s your religious and moral duty. If you won’t fight you will be called as Coward. One should stand for his right even when his guru is in front of him. Your duty is stay with the right and fight for the establishment of truth. You should not let yourself exploit by others.

What a lovely lesson which I knew earlier also. Have already applied many times in my life but failed to apply it this time. Life is sweet and so its lessons are. Life, lessons and learning go hand in hand.

No matter whether you are alone or with someone, one should have courage to fight when it comes to his own right.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog